Monday 28 September 2009

Where I live and where to go racing!

Just to fill you in...

I live in Wakayama City, of Wakayama prefecture. It's in an area of Japan known as Kansai.


View Larger Map

I currently do most of my model car racing at TM Circuit. For those of you that know me try and see if you can spot me - it a bit like where's Wally, which should be easy since (according to my Japanese friends) I look strikingly like him... If you can't spot me there's another lovely picture here!

I'm racing my mini here at the monthly night race - the level is very high, I've yet to make it into the A main, but I'm getting closer each time (last time out I was pole on for the B main).
This track is also popular with nitro cars, with a lot of people racing in the Kyosho cup. I'm getting back into engines after a few years off. I'll inform you of my progress as I go.
TM circuit is a bit of a trek in the car, but locally there is a mini-Z track which is available for practice 24-7. Places like this are why I love Japan. Well, that and the 1 liter cans of beer...
(It still counts as 1!)

No comments:

Post a Comment