Friday 25 December 2009

Endurance racing in Aichi

I went and saw an endurance race to meet a race team. They are called K&G and are based in Suzuka and run the 'recreation motorsports club.'


They race in 4 hour endurance races with multiple drivers in production cars - looks like a lot of fun and not too bad for the wallet. I was surprised to see that the car was an automatic though, but they racing in their own separate class for automatics. Costs are kept down as the team meets once a month to do all the maintenance themselves.

With it being a team, there is also an opportunity to learn from getting your hands dirty, and also from group meetings where we try out other cars. First 'Soukoukai' is in February - I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to try and see if I can fit in an FJ1600 (although I'm not hopeful as I'm 190cm (6ft3)).


A new tire 2 and a half hours ago! Quick pit work still resulted in second in class.

FJ1600 (stands for Formula Japan) - I shall fit I shall fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment