Saturday 31 October 2009

First proper days practice

Finally a fulls days running. My ribs stood up quite well - they were aching a bit through the day but some adjustment to the new seat (a lot of padding, especially where my arse is as I have no arse!) made all the difference. The next they still ached but weren't too bad.

We started off with the teams bosses practice tyres (they don't wear, but neither do they have any grip) and then in the afternoon stuck on my new fresh rubber. They needed a lap to bed in but I set my fastest lap of the day on my first run with them - a 37.485 - my best lap ever!
The times were a bit all over the place though as the rear was a bit lively, so the boss increased the rear track width a bit which made all the difference. I couldn't set as quick a lap time but 10 consistent laps in a row - all at 37.5 to 37.9 made me very happy indeed.
So next, the team boss wants a go. Well, he did build the thing... His first lap is within a tenth of my quickest (remember, this is the first time he's driven this kart!) and he finally sets a 36.551! I've still got a long way to go...
Not a total loss though, the boss was totally finished after these laps!

No comments:

Post a Comment